Welcome to Redbacks Cushioning, developers of award-winning cushioning and protection products for a wide range of everyday consumer and commercial working environments.
Our patented ‘Leaf-Spring’ technology delivers unrivalled protection and cushioning for the body, where alternative protective equipment simply isn’t up to the job.
Whether, kneeling, standing or sitting, our knee pad, footwear and seating technology is scientifically proven to offer superior support for the body, enabling you to work safer, more effectively and for longer.
Trusted by workers, accredited by industry and verified by science, Redbacks Cushioning products are the number one choice in performance work wear solutions.
The technology is unique in that the patent is for the geometric structure and not the material; we are free to use any material that we deem appropriate to the product application.
Developing cushioning and protection technology is an exacting science - rightly so, given the considerable stresses everyday work activities such as kneeling, bending and standing place on the human body.
The secret to our own science lies in the use of a special moulded leaf-spring suspended in an arch by a flexible honeycomb matrix. When pressure is applied directly above the spring it bends, dispersing pressure and distributing weight evenly. The matrix provides a holding structure for the spring to control its bend and stabilise the entire structure, allowing pressure to be distributed evenly time after time.
Both the honeycomb matrix and the leaf-spring are made from the same thermoplastic injection moulded material, ensuring a high compression rate and 100% recovery to its original shape, which means no loss of function over time. This combination gives the unique controlled distribution and deceleration of pressure – in other words protecting the body from impact forces making it particularly effective for pressure relief when standing, sitting, lying down or kneeling.
It is this memory aspect to the material that elevates our technology above the competition. Differing from basic foams such as PU and EVA, which provide limited cushioning by air pockets that collapse relatively quickly, Redbacks Cushioning Technology ultimately performs at a higher cushioning rate for longer, enabling you to work harder for longer in greater comfort.
- Fits pocketed work trousers
- 100% recyclable
- Patented Leafspring technology
- Curved to fit around knee
- Waterproof & machine washable
- Reduces point pressure
- Distributes weight
- Penetration protection CE EN 14404 type 2 level 1
- Protection from hot & cold surfaces
- Maintains 100% support
Redbacks® knee pads are the first in the world to use our patented, leaf-spring technology that evenly dissipates the user’s weight, bringing unrivalled relief from the pain and discomfort associated with kneeling.
They are non-absorbent to moisture, breathable and allow for the free movement of air and water. What’s more, they’re available in a bespoke choice of antimicrobial, flame and fire retardant and anti-static options (subject to minimum orders), making them particularly suitable for use in environments where strict legislative requirements operate.
- The only knee pad in the world to contain leaf-spring cushioning technology
- Protects and cushions the knee for long lasting comfort
- Technology dissipates weight, reducing pressure on the knee
- Soft matrix structure protects the knee from cold or hard surfaces
- Features an abrasive resistant cover to prevent objects from penetrating the knee
- Curved to fit, placing the knee in the correct position to reduce pressure on the ankle
- Uses soft rubberised materials for 100% recovery to original shape without loss of function
- Significantly outperforms and outlasts all foam and gel kneepads
- CE approved (CE5574 EN 14404-2004 + A1:2010 Type 2 Level 1)
- Washable and dry cleanable without the need to remove from trousers
- Waterproof and breathable
- 100% recyclable
- Patented worldwide
*No returns on used Knee Pads!