Bring Shaper’s most advanced precision cutting solution to your workshop. Origin and Workstation combine to make even the most demanding projects approachable and intuitive. Enjoy unrivalled precision cutting for a variety of applications - create complex joinery, tight fitting box joints and much more. Origin + Workstation is the “complete system” solution to unlocking next-level projects in your shop.
- Origin with all included accessories
- Workstation with all included accessories
YOU’RE IN CONTROL
Origin is the world’s first computer-assisted, hand-held plunge router.
Avoid the limits of traditional CNC machines and tackle a range of projects with one compact system.
Use it to place designs in your workspace and set cut specs on the fly. Origin automatically calculates toolpaths for you — no additional programming required.
Just keep Origin close to the path shown on the screen. The onboard computer moves the spindle 100 times per second, keeping the bit right on the toolpath.
Get Cutting on Day One
Origin ships with two rolls of ShaperTape, our three most popular cutters, tool-change accessories and more, ensuring that you can get cutting right out of the box.
Shaper SM-1 Spindle
Shaper partnered with Festool, the worldwide gold standard in high-quality routers, to develop a router spindle ideally suited for cutting with Origin.
Custom-designed Shaper Systainer makes it easy to safely transport Origin to and from the worksite, and store it conveniently at the end of the day.
- Shaper Origin with Shaper SM-1 Spindle
- Tanos Systainer
- Two rolls of ShaperTape (45.7m each)
- Tool change accessories
- USB flash drive
- ¼-inch (6.35mm) upcut spiral cutter
- ⅛-inch (3.175mm) upcut spiral cutter
- 60° engraving cutter
- Universal dust collection adapter
Warranty & Support
- One-year warranty
- Highly responsive email support
30 Day Risk-Free Trial
You’ll have thirty days to decide if Origin is right for you. Return the tool in its original packaging for a complete refund—just pay shipping!
Proven Spindle Design
- Shaper SM1 variable speed, load-compensating spindle designed and manufactured to Shaper specifications by Festool
- Touchscreen enables on-screen design manipulation and easy input of cut parameters
Keep Cuts Clean
- Dust collection port and included adaptor hose compatible with most portable dust collectors
Gets Better With Time
- Easy file transfer and continuous software performance updates available via WiFi connectivity
Never Leave Your Workbench
- Use Origin to create designs wherever you work. Make adjustments on-site, on the fly, no computer required.
Cuttable Files On Demand
- No time to design? No problem: send your sketch or half-finished design to our team at Shaper Assist, and for a reasonable fee, they will send you an Origin-ready design.
Export From Design Software
- No tool programming or CAM file preparation is required; Origin creates tool paths live on-tool. Use a 2D design program like Adobe Illustrator or a 3D program like Fusion 360. Export files as SVGs and you’re ready to cut.
Store, Share, Collaborate
- Explore ShaperHub’s continuously expanding library of downloadable designs and projects. Use ShaperHub to store your designs and share them with others.
Exact fitment, no templates required
- Create your own fixtures. Cut perfectly mating mortise and tenons, regardless of the size, shape, or location of your stock.
- Align and place hardware pockets in exact reference to stock dimensions
- Work “on end” of joinery elements
Adaptable On Tool
- Use a single design for both mortise and tenon
Precise pocketing for hardware
- Use Origin as an all-in-one library for your hardware. With Origin’s precise registration of multiple-depth pockets and hole patterns, once-challenging projects are simplified.
- WiFi-accessible hardware library
- A single file contains all your cut geometry
On-Screen Depth Input
- Move easily between multiple cut depths
Complex cuts, anywhere
- From a custom flooring installer’s expansive musical staff inlay to a luthier’s delicate fretboard, Origin is able to cut accurately at an unmatched range of scales.
- Work directly from digital designs
- Cut accurate inlays at the size of your choosing
- Incrementally adjust offsets to an ideal fit
- 120VAC, 60Hz. 7A
- 720W brushed AC motor
- 10,000 - 26,000 RPM with load-compensating speed control
- Soft-start, over-temperature and over-load safety cut-offs
- Produced by Festool to Shaper specifications
- Includes a ¼” (6.35mm) collet that accepts any commonly available ¼” (6.35mm) shank router bits
- ⅛” (3.175mm) collet sold separately, available from Shaper
- 43mm (1.7”) of total Z-axis travel
- Digitally adjustable depth-of-cut
- Automated touch-off sensor
Dust Extraction Port
- Designed with the SM-1 spindle to provide optimal debris extraction
- 34mm inner diameter by 39mm outer diameter port dimensions
- Fits most standard 27mm (35mm OD) and 36mm suction hoses (e.g. Festool, Fein)
- Includes a 6.5’ (2m) adaptor hose with a 2 ¼” (5.7cm) OD nozzle
- Wi-Fi enabled for transfer of design files via ShaperHub, and for receiving software updates
- USB port allows easy offline transfer of design files
Digital Cut Files
- Works with standard vector files (.SVG)
- Includes on-tool design capabilities
- Capacitive multi-touch full-color LCD
- Origin: 35cm (handle-to-handle) x 19.7cm x 29.9cm
- Systainer: 39.6cm x 29.6cm x 42cm (SYS 5 T-LOC Systainer)
- Origin: 6.6kg
- Packaged (with accessories) in Systainer: 10.7kg
Workholding perfected. Align, clamp and cut with unrivaled speed and precision.
Workstation is our ultimate workspace and fixturing solution for your benchtop cutting operations. It’s designed to streamline and expand upon Origin’s abilities, offering rapid, repeatable and precise fixturing of a wide range of stock configurations.
Workstation features a reusable tape field, easily adjustable shelf for small or difficult-to-fixture workpieces, and intuitive indexing pins for alignment and registration. This greatly reduces setup time and makes it easier than ever to get cutting straight out of the box.
Highly Versatile Fixturing
Workstation combines with Origin to create a precision cutting system that makes even the most demanding projects approachable and intuitive
Accurate Mortise & Tenons
The vertical and horizontal workholding capabilities of Workstation let you cut perfect mortise and tenon joinery.
- Cut tenons at any angle from 0° to 45° with confidence.
- Virtually eliminate tear-out on tenons.
- Effortlessly cut tenons with dead flat shoulders for tight-fitting seams.
Difficult Workpieces Made Easy
- Perform detailed cuts on small or difficult-to-fixture workpieces with the included Shelf.
- Work on material of almost any thickness using Shelf’s easy height adjustment.
- Precise depth control and dead flat pockets.
Cut & Repeat
- Quick setup features make repetitive cuts for volume production fast and reliable
Perfect Box Joints
- Combine Origin’s Box Joint Basic Extension with Workstation to cut precise box joints with ease.
- Fast and reliable 90° registration every time.
- Foolproof layout with Origin’s built-in functionality.
- Out of the box clamping paired with industry standard T-Track to suit any project.
- Clamping Face
- Support Bar
- Support Arms
- Angle Fence
- 4mm Wrench
- Hold Down Clamp x 2
- Spoilboard x 4
- Max. Height: 250mm, 9.8 in
- Depth: 465mm, 18.3 in
- Width: 515mm, 20.3 in
- Assembled Weight: 9.75kg, 21.5 lbs
Align Plate to your workpiece and let Origin do the rest. Utilize hundreds of digital files available on ShaperHub.
Endlessly flexible and fast to set up, Plate combines with the ShaperHub Hardware Catalog and enables you to install a wide range of hardware, inlay bow ties, round corners and much much more.
Integrates with the ShaperHub Hardware Catalog
Ships with a MINI SYS and two low-profile clamps
Fitted with an anti-slip backing for fast setup
Plate + Hardware Catalog:
The ShaperHub Hardware Catalog expands Plate's functionality, providing vetted digital hardware files to instantly install in your projects.
Width: 326mm, 14.25"
Height: 450mm, 17.7"
Thickness: 6.45mm, .25"
Cut Window Width: 160mm, 6.29"
Cut Window Height: 120mm, 4.72"
- Low Profile Clamps
- System 32 Pin
- Leveling Feet