The DeWALT DCD740 is a compact and light weight tool with a 10mm 3/8″ ratcheting chuck with a deep hex pocket to allow a 2″ power bit to be fully inserted giving it a head width of about 125mm, not including the recessed notch that gives you that little bit more. It has 2 speed settings for increased flexibility combined with DeWALT durability. The main feature of this tool is it’s ability to get into awkward spaces that not many other tools will reach. These are powered by all DeWALT slide type XR 18 Volt & 20V Max, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0Ah slide batteries. All this adds up to make a fantastic little tool.
- Dual speed ranges (0-650/0-2000) rpm for increased flexibility providing a wider range of applications.
- Compact front to back length (4.0″) allowing users to fit into really hard to reach spaces.
- Multi grip trigger provides comfort and convenience, allowing the user to get into tighter spaces while still having access to the trigger.
- 10mm (3/8″) Ratcheting Chuck with Deep Hex Pocket allows 2″ (50mm) hex bit to be fully inserted for getting into tight spaces.
- Powered by all DeWALT 18 Volt & 20 V Max Slide Type batteries: 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 & 4.0Ah.
- Voltage: 18 Volt / 20V Max**
- Max Power: 360UWO
- Chuck Size: 10mm (3/8″)
- # of Speed Settings: 2
- Rpm: 0-650/0-2,000
- Chuck Type: Ratcheting Plastic Sleeve.
- Tool Weight: 1.37 Kg.
- Tool Length: 300mm.
- Head width chuck fully closed: Approx 115mm.
- Head width with to Phillips tip end with 2″ power bit in hex pocket: Approx 125mm.
- ** Note: 20V Max is a DeWALT “Brand Name” for the XR Series of tools, 20V Max batteries and tools are in in fact 18 Volt batteries and tools. Under load batteries output 18 volts, but at idle most 18 Volt batteries output 20 volts, Hence the name “20V Max”. 20V Max batteries are in fact 18 Volt batteries. Any 20V Max tool is simply an 18 Volt tool with the brand name 20V Max.