Akfix PA360 is a one-component polyurethane based adhesive that cures with moisture in the air and in the surface applied.
- Easy application, low viscosity
- High bond strength
- Water resistant (D4-DIN EN204)
- Can be used on slightly humid surfaces
- Resistant to temperature extremes
- Resistant to moisture and chemicals
- Fixing and gluing wooden elements to other various porous and non-porous elements as wood, metal, concrete, polystyrene foam etc.
- Furniture and boat production.
- Fixing of raised flooring laying in combination with mechanical fixtures.
- All bonding applications that need a high water resistance.
- Because this adhesive cures by atmospheric moisture, the shelf life is limited once the bottle is opened. The bottles must be kept tightly closed after use.
- Storage above +35 °C and below -10 °C may shorten the shelf-life.
- Pressing time depends on ambiance conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) and porosity of the surfaces to be bonded.
INSTRUCTIONS Do not use at temperatures below +5 °C. The elements to be bonded must be properly clean and free from dust and grease. One of the substrates must be porous to ensure better curing. Moistening the substrates slightly will provide stronger adhesion. Apply the adhesive with a brush as thin film to one or both surfaces and join the parts within 15 minutes (minimum after 2 minutes). Press the elements together at least for 2 hours. Uncured adhesive can be cleaned by acetone.
- Basis : Polyurethane prepolymer
- Color : Light brown
- Curing system : Moisture curing
- Density : 1,10 g/ml ± 0,05 (ASTM D1875)
- Viscosity : 5000-15000 cp cps at 20°C (Spindle No 4, 12 rpm)
- Tack-Free time : 25-50 min (23 °C and 50% R.H.) (ASTM C679)
- Consumption : Approx. 150 ml/m2
- Compression time : Min. 2 hours*
- Water resistant : Excellent (D4-DIN EN204)
- Temperature resistance :-30 °C to +100 °C
- Application Temperature : +5 o C to +35 o C *
Pressing time depends on ambiance conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) and porousity of the surfaces to be bonded.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE 12 months in unopened cartridge if stored under dry and cool conditions. 06 / 2016Rev.06 Page 2
SAFETY Harmful. Contains Diphenylmethane-4,4'-Diisocyanate. Harmful by inhalation. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. Do not breathe spray/vapour. Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Keep out of the reach of children.