The Makita DRS780P rear handle circular saw has finally landed and it is a fantastic machine with the power and speed to finally do away with your corded circular saw. The 36v brushless motor is more efficient than a standard brushed motor and when powered by a pair of 5Ah batteries can provide a whopping 550 cross cuts in 4x2 CLS timber.
The motor features ADT (automatic drive technology) which increases the speed according to load conditions and with a maximum speed of 5,100rpm this unit will cut like a knife through butter. The guard and base are manufactured from strong but lightweight magnesium and has an easy depth adjustment for a maximum cutting depth of 65mm at 90° plus bevel adjustment up to 53° with positive stops at 22.5°, 45° and 53°. Other features include a rubberised rear handle for firm control, soft start, electric brake, battery fuel gauge and a joist hook for easy storage.
Please note this is a twin battery machine and both batteries are required to have charge to operate the motor, if one of the batteries is flat the unit will not operate. Supplied with a Ultra-Coated 24T TCT saw blade which cuts 50% faster and last 2x longer than a normal TCT blade.
- High performance for heavy-duty cutting applications
- Automatic torque Drive Technology (ADT) feature adjusts the torque and speed according to the load condition, enabling rapid movement between high speed and high torque applications
- LED charge level indicator displays approximate remaining battery power
- Lightweight design with magnesium baseplate and blade case
- Enlarged depth scale with rubberized lever for maximum operator convenience and accuracy
- Large integrated tool hanger provides convenience on the jobsite and fits 4" x 4" material
- Two-stage safety trigger switch prevents accidental start up
- Electric brake stops blade 3-5 seconds after trigger is released for increased operator safety
- Soft start feature gradually increases speed to eliminate start up shock
- Brushless DC motor with high power to weight and size ratio
- Brushless DC motor generates less heat buildup and is ideal for prolonged use in manufacturing / production applications