This is a solid splitting axe, intended for heavier duties such as splitting logs and wood. The shape of the head, in combination with slightly convex grinding, splits the wood. The axe has a long and straight handle made from American hickory, to gain maximal speed and control when splitting logs. The axe is hand forged and made from Swedish quality steel in the forge at Hults Bruk. The forging tradition goes as far back as 1697, and the steel head is struck 40-60 times to increase density and durability to the head. The name of this axe has its origin in Hult, the area where Hults Bruk was founded. Like most old Swedish geographical names, it describes the surrounding landscape of the place. Take care of your axe and it will stay a faithful companion for many years to come.
- Traditional splitting axe.
- Leather axe sheath included.
- Hand forged in Sweden.
- Wooden handle from American hickory, treated with linseed oil
- Slightly convex grinding
- The edge is sharpened, polished and ready to use
- Leather axe sheath included
- Head Weight: 1500 g
- Handle Type: Curved
- Weight including handle: 2072 g
- Handle: Hickory
- 750 mm/30"
- Surface Axe Head: Oil treatment